Monday, August 4, 2008

The packing, the airplane and the luggage!




























































I am a little out of order but I have our sea shipment on my mind so I thought I would share this with all of you.
Just thought I would include some visuals for everyone with regard our house being packed up into a box and shipped across the world! This is a 20 x 20 storage container that gets loaded onto a barge (we saw them this past weekend and it is amazing how many come into port). Included is a view of our stuff loaded into it - we are still waiting for it to arrive! Packing occurred in the beginning of July! It is due to arrive on August 7 (originally due July 29) with delivery to us about a week later.

In the car is the stuff that didn't get packed but what we needed with us - all 500 pounds!!

The girls enjoyed the airport executive lounge and business class on the 747! They quickly got the hang of their own TV's and getting up for late night snacks!!

After 19 hours of flying we finally arrived at 11:30pm Singapore time (10:30am Chicago time) into Changi Airport to start our adventure!!


































2 comments:

Lisa Arduini said...

Congrats on the blog - it is alot of fun and you will not believe how many people join in your adventure!!! We are all fine...Brian is against the Olympics - China spent 43 Billion on it while our daughter and all the others like her are malnourished!!!

Seattle Cindy said...

Hi Hilary - Glad to hear you are all doing well. This is my first time blogging, if you can believe it. I hope you have an exciting time in China. I really enjoyed my visit to Tibet - perhaps you will get a chance to go at some point. I still remember how nice the people were. Good luck with settling in, and please give the girls and Jim a big hug from me!